Plasmon Dynamics at Nanostructured Surfaces and Deposited Clusters
Spatio-temporal femtosecond-dynamics observed by means of phase- and time-resolved PEEM for plasmon-resonant excitation of a silver nanoparticle. The imaged particle in the center of the row has been prepared by electron-beam lithography and has a diameter of 200 nm. We observe a modulation of the internal lateral photoemission distribution in the particle as function of the phase-relation between the two identical femtosecond laser-pulses used for this pump-probe experiment. We assign this modulation to the phase-propagation of a plasmon mode through the nanoparticle.
- Probing femtosecond plasmon dynamics with nanometer resolution
J. Lange, D. Bayer, M. Rohmer, C. Wiemann, O. Gaier, M. Aeschlimann, M. Bauer; Proc. SPIE Vol. 6195, (2006) 61950Z [Abstract]
- Local correlation of Photoemission Electron Microscopy and STM at a defined cluster substrate system
M. Rohmer, C. Wiemann, M. Munzinger, L. Guo, M. Aeschlimann, M. Bauer; Appl. Phys. A 82 (2006) 87 [Paper as PDF]
- The lateral Photoemission Distribution from a defined Cluster/Substrate System as probed by Photoemission Electron Microscopy
M. Munzinger, C. Wiemann, M. Rohmer, L. Guo, M. Aeschlimann, M. Bauer; New J. Phys. 7, (2005) 68. [Paper as PDF]
- Irridation of supported silver and gold nanoparticles with continuous-wave, nanosecond and femtosecond laser light: a comparative study
F. Hubenthal, M. Aschinger, M. Bauer, D. Blazquez Sanchez, N. Borg, M. Brezeanu, R. Frese, C. Hendrich, B. Krohn, M. Aeschlimann, F. Träger; accepted for publication in the Proc. of the SPIE.
- Electron Dynamics in Metallic Nanoparticles
M. Aeschlimann; Review in Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Edited by: H. Nalwa, American Scientific Publishers (2004). [Paper as PDF]
- Relaxation of hot electrons in solids of reduced dimensions
R. Porath, T. Ohms, M. Scharte, J. Beelsey, M. Wessendorf, O. Andreyev, C. Wiemann, , M. Aeschlimann; in Low-Dimensional Systems: theory, preparation, and some Applications L.M. Liz-Marzan and M. Giersing (eds), Kluwer Academic Publishers (2003).